Businesses are growing and the way business happens is also changing big time with the booming use of the internet. In the digital world, every online business wants to be on the top position. If you are selling your products through your website, you are already in online business with your e-commerce website or marketplace functional. But businesses don’t flourish with just the existence on the internet, it takes much more. Let’s reflect upon the various aspects which will help in developing the online business through the custom e-Commerce website.
Custom e-commerce Website:
e-commerce Website or online store is the new age business store which exists only on the internet. It needs to integrate functionalities ranging from regular shopping cart to payment gateways and delivery tracking. Since these marketplaces are vast and diverse, a template based design may not do justice its purpose. Hence it is vital for the business to establish that it has:
- A great design
- Functional and Easy to use shopping cart
- Hassle-free shopping experience
- Ability to customize and make changes at every level
Key Features to Focus:
Focus on the following features which will add value to your e-commerce website with a rich user experience. In this manner, you will have satisfaction with existing customers and will also attract new ones.
- The design should be unique and leave an impact on the user.
- It should reinforce your brand value.
- It should offer the security of information collected.
- The payment gateway should be able to handle traffic and transactions efficiently.
- Payment options should include credit cards, PayPal, and other digital wallets.
- Integration with back office software like accounting, logistics, inventory, etc. should be possible.
- Drop-shipping integrations are required so as to enable selling products from other suppliers also.
- It should be scalable so that the line items can be added, modified and deleted with ease. An e-commerce business has much faster movement of goods and hence ease of data updating at the back end is a must.
- In addition to an attractive website, a yearlong strategy for effective SEO cannot be neglected.
- Of the various platforms, Magento and Shopify are considered to be reputable and fulfilling platforms which may satisfactorily serve your requirements.
Available e-commerce platforms:
Some of the popular platforms used for developing e-commerce marketplaces are:
- Big Cartel
Magento is undoubtedly the best e-commerce platform which is a Content Management System (CMS) based on PHP and SQL. It is an open source and has specifically been developed for fulfilling the e-commerce requirements. Magento is secure, scalable and robust with heavy architecture. It also offers easy integration with the vast variety of third-party services including payment gateways, shipping services, databases integration etc. It is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) friendly and automatically generates Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URL.
By incorporating these tips in your e-commerce portal, you will not only step forward with establishing your brand and building customers’ trust, but it will also help you step up towards future success with digital strategies in place.